Join an Existing Team
Thank you for participating in the Bike Walk Week Teams competition this year! You’re the key to making bicycling and walking as transportation fun and to encouraging others to give it a try.
There are two levels to registration – individual, and team participation:
- Begin by filling out the individual participation form on Green Light Ride www.GreenLightRide.com.
- Once you’ve set up your profile, you may search for and join a team:
Teams tab -> All Teams.
- You may join a team participating in the 2013 Twin Cities Bike Walk Week competition by sending a request to the team Captain of the team you wish to join.
- You may join a team by accepting an invitation from a team Captain.
- During Bike Walk Week, June 9-15, 2013, log into your Green Light Ride profile, and track your trips! Eligible trips include those taken to/from work each day, and trips taken for general transportation purposes.
*Trips can be made by bike or on foot – either are eligible, both are counted and considered by the Green Light Ride tracking tool.
- The top 10 individual scores will be counted towards the final team score at the end of the competition. The more trips you take and log during Bike Walk Week, the better the chance your team will earn a high score!
- Scoring/Points: For every trip a participant makes by bike or on foot during the competition, one point will be awarded, two points for a round-trip.
Questions on Teams?
Contact: Nick Ray Olson, Bike Walk Week Event Planner
Minneapolis Department of Public Works
Office: 612-332-2064, Cell: 612-201-7701
Bike Week on Facebook
Bike to Work Day in St. Paul is set and bigger than ever. Experience what the Future of Fourth Street could be like with protected bike lanes, arts, food and fun.
Check out our April Newsletter for updates on Twin Cities Bike Week, Bike to Work Day, the annual St. Paul Transportation Summit and more. http://conta.cc/OPKm8E
Bike to Work Day is Thursday, May 8. The St. Paul Transportation Summit is Tuesday, May 6 and Switch My Trip is going on now.
Bike Walk Week is coming soon: May 4th-11th Join us for Brake for Breakfast: https://www.facebook.com/events/289234611245610/